Set Free


And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free. John 8:32 (NLT)

The footnote from this verse in The Life Recovery Bible says the following:
To be "set free" is to know the truth--the truth about ourself and about Jesus our liberator. The truth is this: We are a slave to sin and powerless to manage our life effectively. With God's truth as a standard for our moral inventory, we can recognize and confess our needs and struggles, our sins and addiction. As we confess these to God, to ourself, and to at least one other person, we share the truth about our life. When we turn our broken life over to God, who alone can make us whole, we are again acknowledging the truth. These different applications of the truth can combine to set us free from sinful habits, chemical dependencies, and emotional bondage.

Comments

joy said…
Thanks for that post. Reminders are so helpful. Honesty is hard.
Bar L. said…
Hi Sweetie! Where did you get that keychain? Its so cool! Don't you love the Life Recovery Bible! I sure do.
Curly said…
Hey Wife,
I'm glad to stopped by!

Barbara,
My friend K gave it to me for my birthday. The butterflies symbolize new life. Yes,I do love the Life Recovery Bible!

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Fellow Homeschoolers

Celebrating Recovery on New Year's Eve

How Do I Find a Healthy Balance?