What do I want?

This morning I turned on my CD player. I needed music to clean the kitchen by. Switchfoot's album, The Beautiful Letdown, was in the changer. Yardboy gave it to me as a gift when I was miserable in my pregnancy with Little Man. I used to listen to it all the time, but not so much lately. This morning one of the songs meant much more to me than it ever did. I think it is because I am actively seeking God for change in my life. I want to be more than just okay.

More Than Fine

When I wake in the morning
I want to blow into pieces
I want more than just okay, more than just okay

When I'm up with the sunshine
I want more than just a good time
I want more than just okay, more than just okay

I'm not givin' up, givin' up now
I'm not givin' up, not backing down

More than fine, more than bent on getting by
More than fine, more than just okay

When I'm lit with sunrise
I want more than just the blue skies
I want more than just okay, more than okay

More than oceans away from the dawn
More than oceans away from who we are
More than oceans, more than oceans,
More than fine

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a great song. I'm going to download that one for sure.

Thanks for your prayers.
Cheri said…
I think you are more than okay and I love checking in to see what you are bloggging about.

Heading to TN later this week. Is that anywhere near you? Wouldn't it be fun to be able to meet this side of heaven?
Sunny said…
You know I have that song but have never listened to the words. Man I want that to be me. MORE than fine for sure!
Curly said…
Cheri,
Thanks. It would be so much fun to meet you. However, it would take me about 10 hours to get to TN!

Sunny,
Let's be more than fine together!
Cheri said…
Our son Jon was on security detail when Switchfoot sang at the college Jon was attending.

One of the Switchfoot guys left behind a pair of jeans. Switchfoot was contacted and told them just to give them to somebody who could wear them.

They fit Jon. He thought that was more than fine.

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Fellow Homeschoolers

Celebrating Recovery on New Year's Eve

How Do I Find a Healthy Balance?