Do I care too much about what people think of me?

YES!
Do I obsess about hurting others' feelings?
YES!
Do I make things worse by trying to fix the codependent messes I make?
YES!
Do I make others' problems my own?
YES!
Do I fear letting new friends in?
YES! Terrified!

I want to have friends, but I am so afraid that I will screw thing up like I have in the past. I NEED to have HEALTHY friendships!

This is what I read this morning:

Proverbs 29:25 (Amplified Bible)
The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever leans on, trusts in, and puts his confidence in the Lord is safe and set on high.

Proverbs 29:25 (The Message)
The fear of human opinion disables;
trusting in God protects you from that.

Proverbs 29:25 (New Living Translation)
Fearing people is a dangerous trap,
but trusting the Lord means safety.

I need to cling to HIM if I am going to have healthy friendships. I need to do what HE desires for me.

Will the rest fall into place if I totally depend on HIM?
Yes,I think so.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, I think so too! I think it will fall into place, and I am counting on things falling into place for me as I cling to him too!

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Fellow Homeschoolers

Celebrating Recovery on New Year's Eve

Injections Begin