Sanity

It is Friday night and we just got home from Celebrate Recovery. Once again, I got so much out of it. Tonight Yardboy and the kids went with me. It was good to have us all in one safe place.

I am working on the first book in the CR program, Stepping Out of Denial into God's Grace, by John Baker. Today I did Lesson 4, Sanity.

Baker states, "Insanity has been described as"doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result each time.""

Then he adds, "Sanity has been defined as "wholeness of mind; making decisions based on the truth.""

My abuse of food, anger, and codependency are all insane behaviors! Repeating those behaviors always ends badly, yet I continue to do them.

It is only with God that I can overcome food addiction, anger, and codependency.

Psalm 73: 26, GNB
"My mind and my body may grow weak, but God is my strength; he is all I ever need."

I Corinthians 10:13
"And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out."

Matthew 6:34. TLB
"So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time."

The lesson ends with a prayer. I changed a few words to make it fit my life better:

Dear Lord, I have tried to "fix" and "control" my anger, food addiction, codependency, and other problems all by myself. I am powerless to change. I need to begin to believe and receive Your power to help me recover. You loved me enough to send Your Son to the cross to die for my sins. Help me be open to the hope that I can find in Him. Please help me start living my life one hour at at time. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

The original prayer said, "Please help me start living my life one day at at time." Right now an entire day is an unrealistic goal for me. I have to live one hour at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Fellow Homeschoolers

Celebrating Recovery on New Year's Eve

How Do I Find a Healthy Balance?