The Dirty Word

Today Tater and Little Man were playing in a huge pile of clean laundry. They were laughing and having fun.

Then I heard it. What did she say? No, surely not. Yep.

She was calling her little brother "P****."

"Come here P****."

"You're a little P****"

I composed myself and calmly asked, "Tater, what did you call your brother?"

"P****."

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know, I just made it up."

"I see, but don't call him that anymore. It doesn't sound very nice."

"Okay Mommy."

I wonder if she heard that word on the playground this morning. Maybe she really did make it up. I am hoping the word doesn't pop up again at some inopportune time, like Sunday School.

Comments

Cheri said…
Curly Mommy, after your comment on my blog, I had to take a look at your writings. I notice you are taking the homeschool plunge.

Let me encourage you. We have three sons. # 1 son we homeschooled from 4th grade on. He graduated from college summa cum laude with a degree in Biblical studies. He is working on his master's now.

#2 son we homeschooled from 1st grade on. He graduates from college in Dec. with a degree in youth ministry.
Both of the above two boys have beautiful godly wives.

#3 son is a freshman in college. He is also studying youth ministry. He attended public school for 3 days his junior year of high school. Couldn't stand the waste of time.

We have no regrets about homeschooling. Hard work? Yes. Great benefits? Absolutely. These guys are three of the nicest young men you could ever hope to meet (I might be slightly prejudiced here :).
Curly said…
Cheri,
Thanks so much for your encouragement!

Popular posts from this blog

Attention Fellow Homeschoolers

Celebrating Recovery on New Year's Eve

Injections Begin